1. Deal all the cards among all the players.
2. Players take turns to ask each other for the cards they need to form the families, using the given grammar.
In the case of phrasal verbs. Players need to form families with the same root verb. For example GIVE AWAY, GIVE OFF, GIVE OUT and GIVE IN.
Eg: "Leo, have you got GIVE IN?"
3. If the asked player has the required card, he answers using the given grammar and gives the card to the player who asked for it.
Eg: Yes, I have.
And the player continues his turn.
4. If the asked player doesn't have the required card, he answers using the given grammar
Eg: No, I haven't.
And another player takes his turn.
5. Players can ask only for the cards from the families they have in hand.
6. If there is any player left without cards, he/she just waits for the others to finish.
7. The game is over when all cards are matched in families.
8. The winner is the player with the highest number of families.