1. Deal 4 cards to each player and place the deck in the middle of the table.
2. Players take turns to ask each other for the cards they need to form the pairs, using the given grammar.
Eg: Mike. Have you got a boat?
3. If the asked player has the required card, he answers using the given grammar and gives the card to the player who asked for it.
Eg: Yes, I have.
And the player continues his turn.
4. If the asked player doesn't have the required card, he answers using the given grammar and tells the player, who asked, to take a card from the deck.
Eg: No, I haven't. GO FISH!
And the player takes a card from the deck and another player takes his turn.
5. If the player takes a card from the deck that matches a card in his hand, he must say:
I fished and I got my wish!
6. If there is any player left without cards, he/she just takes one card from the deck to keep playing.
7. The game is over when all cards are matched in pairs.
8. The winner is the player with the highest number of pairs.
Practice physical description with this entertaining Go fish game. Learn Have you got and hair styles in a fun way.
Free Time Activities
A Go gish game to practice vocabulary related to free time together with present continuous tense. Students ask each other for example: Is your sister listening to MP3? Yes, she is. No, she isn´t. GO FISH. Game is based on Rooftops 6 Unit 1, Explorers 5 Unit 1 and Surprise 4 Unit 1
Sports and Activities